The school aims to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality. The School is a very popular in the locality because of its happy, secure and stimulating learning environment that includes a large number of extra-curricular opportunities.
A Church School was established in Wembdon in 1872 occupying the purpose built building opposite the Parish Church, now the Parish Centre.
Originally called Wembdon School, it was later known as St.George’s Primary School with Voluntary Controlled status. Numbers increased during the 1960s which led to the building of a new, four classroom, Junior School which opened in 1972.
Building work commenced in June 1991 to provide an additional six classrooms on the Junior School site. In April 1992 the two schools amalgamated to form a Primary School.
The name Wembdon St. George’s C of E Primary School combines the names of the two former schools and reflects the church connection. The school is voluntary controlled which means that the Church of England is represented on the Governing Body.
A further classroom was opened in 2003 owing to rising numbers on roll. There are now 11 classes in the school with over 330 children on roll.
For more information on the Wembdon St Georges Primary School Click Here