Sunshiners Pre-school provides term-time only facilities for children from 2 years to school admission age. Formerly based in the Parish Centre, it moved to custom-built premises in Wembdon Village Hall in 2017.
Wembdon St George’s Church School caters for primary-aged children and is based on a site in Brantwood Road.
A Church School was established in Wembdon in 1872 occupying a purpose-built building opposite the Parish Church, now the Parish Centre. Originally called Wembdon School, it was later known as St.George’s Primary School with Voluntary Controlled status. Numbers increased during the 1960s which led to the building of a new, four classroom, Junior School which opened in 1972 on the Brantowwod Road site. Building work commenced in June 1991 to provide an additional six classrooms on the Junior School site. In April 1992 the two schools amalgamated to form Wembdon St. George’s C of E Primary School.
The school is now part of the Bath and Wells Multi Academy Trust.
Chilton Trinity School is a popular local secondary school catering for 11-16 year-olds situated just outside the Parish boundary to the north-east of Wembdon. It was a founder member of the Bridgwater Education Trust but is now part of Clevedon Learning Trust.
Chilton Trinity School first opened in 1966 and after 46 years a brand new school building was opened in November 2012. The redevelopment was part of the government’s ‘Building Schools for the Future’ programme. Also on site is a leisure centre and swimming pool.
Haygrove School is also a popular local secondary school for 11-16 year-olds, located about 1¼ miles to the south of Wembdon. It is located on the former site of Dr Morgan’s Grammar School, which was established in the early 18th Century but moved to the present Durleigh Road premises in 1937 becoming Haygrove School in 1973. The school became an Academy in 2011, and is currently a member of the Quantock Education Trust.
Post-16 education is provided by Bridgwater & Taunton College, whose local campus is about 2 miles to the east of Wembdon.