There are numerous opportunities to volunteer in Wembdon. Your skills, ideas and time are valuable resources that can be harnessed to improve village life for the whole community. Most people who volunteer in the village only need to give an hour or two a month. There are also opportunities for ‘one-off’ events. Whatever your time demands are, there will be an opportunity to suit and we believe that many hands make light work! Some of the volunteering opportunities are:
- The Speed Watch team require people for 2 hour stints on an ad-hoc basis to help monitor the traffic speeds at the school crossing on Wembdon Rise and at various other places in Wembdon. Contact councillor Dave Gliddon
- Village Day (Late August bank holiday) – Require people for numerous positions on the day. Contact Wembdon Community Association by email, Facebook, or phone (Graham Grief: 01278 457973).
- The Wembdon Village Hall & Playing Field Trust require people for ad hoc fundraising events and also require skills to explore funding opportunities.
- Wembdon Parish Council require people who are willing to ‘Give a day’ (or even an hour) to help tidy the village once or twice a year. Contact Wembdon Parish Council.
- Wembdon Parish Council requires amateur photographers who can capture ‘village life’ and the amazing scenery that we have within the parish. Contact Wembdon Parish Council.